Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Well, There Goes the District

Dear Family and Friends,

This is the letter from last week.  I didn't have enough time to send this to my blog.  


Here is a wonderful picture of the Wilmington District.  It is about to change. Only one of the five companionships will stay the same.  That's about all I can say.  I am having a hard time not laughing as I look at the picture.  I am pretty sure I got the most normal-looking picture out of all of our cameras.  

The only companionship that is staying the same is Elder Hook and Elder Larkin.  Elder Hook will be the new district leader, and they are in the Leland area, so the district won't even be the Wilmington district any more.  I will now be in the Leland District.  Elder Mora and Elder Salinas were the Spanish-speaking missionaries in the district.  Elder Salinas will be training this next transfer, so Elder Mora will no longer be in the district.  Elder Williams and Elder Peck are the zone leaders, but Elder Williams is being transferred, so we will have a new zone leader. Elder Perryman is heading home.  He starts school in a few days. (I think he is crazy: only a few days.) I don't know if Elder Packard will be training or not.  And, Sister Shaum is leaving me to go train a new sister in Pinehurst.  And, so I will also be training a new sister here in Wilmington.  That releases me from my Sister Leader duties.  I don't have to teach in any zone meetings this transfer.

PRIESTHOOD
For the past two weeks, I have really been trying to get to know the pamphlets that we use in our lessons.  I have been reading the Restoration pamphlet. As I have been reading, one topic has been repeated: revelation.  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are able to receive revelation for ourselves and have the blessings of revelation through a living Prophet.  I know that revelation, or communication from God, is important for our welfare.  We would not be able to be saved without revelation.  Jacob 4:8

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...