Tuesday, January 5, 2016

An Exciting New Game

I have accepted the opportunity to be the host of an epic new game.  The game is called "Lunch with Cami." And yes, the invitation to host was given to me by myself.  But that's beside the point.

The Game:
I will eat lunch with someone for approximately 30 minutes.  It depends on how much time the contestant or I have.  During this 30 minutes, we will eat lunch and talk and have a few laughs.  If by the end of 30 minutes, I have not provoked the other person to laugh, then this person will win a prize (maybe a mint from the cannon center).

Really the game is simple.  All you have to do is sit by me while you eat and make sure you don't laugh at any of my corny jokes.  And then you win.  It would be nice if you talk to me too, but I guess that is technically optional.

The Reason:
So, you might be asking yourself, "Why?! Why is Cami doing this?"  Well, because I need to stop being a loner.  

Yep, that is pretty much it.

I have a hard time reaching out to people. A saying I have heard much: "There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone."  I am kicking myself out of my introverted comfort zone.  However, I find this way a lot more comfortable than just calling people up randomly.  So, there may be a bit of comfort in this plan.  I do anticipate that not many people will volunteer for my incredibly amazing game, so I will have to make some phone calls.  Making phone calls will be putting me in my growth zone.

How to Participate:
"Lunch with Cami" will take place on the BYU campus.  The game is open to anyone who is willing to come to BYU campus for lunch time.

You can leave a comment on this post or message me on Facebook to let me know that you are interested in eating lunch with me and possibly receiving a prize.  

There's a catch: you bring your own lunch.  I don't have the funds to purchase lunches for people.  (It's also why the prize might be a cannon center mint.)

3 comments:

  1. People! I played this game a few days ago and let me tell you... this game is hard! Even though it may be difficult to win, the rules are simple and it is worth every moment of gameplay. I would definitely recommend this and would love to play again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I just read this again. This is such a great comment.

      Delete
  2. Consider me a contestant whenever I get up to Utah!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...