Monday, September 30, 2013

The Value of Sister Missionaries

Dear Family,

I tend to have a lot of interesting weeks out here in North Carolina.  And, guess what, this week has been an interesting week.

A few weeks ago, Sister Budge and I were at the home of a teenage boy who had been baptized a few years earlier.  We were sharing a scripture about service.  Then, he asked, "Can you give blessings?" We told him, "No, we don't have the Priesthood."  So then he asked, "Then what do you do?"  We told him that we teach people.  But, the question has stuck with me.

That has stuck with me.  I thought about it a lot today during study.  As Sisters, we cannot give Priesthood blessings.  But, we can still invoke the powers of God and use the Atonement to help others receive blessings.  The biggest reason why I came on a mission was for the blessings of my family.  I may not be able to have the Priesthood and bless others in that way, but I can certainly help bring blessings to people.  Blessings are not limited to Priesthood, but they are enhanced.  Sister Budge and I can bless the lives of others.  We help people make commitments that allow them to receive blessings.

Anyways, Sister Budge and I have a new motto:  GOIN' POACHIN'.  Our ward is split into an Elders' area and a Sisters' area.  Sister Budge and I will now be working a lot more in the Elders' area.  When Sister Budge and I decided that we would start "poaching," I just felt relieved.  I felt free. I feel that we will be getting a lot more work done now.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

1 comment:

  1. Later, I found that the Elders didn't know that we had split the area. So, our "poachin'" wasn't even anything spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...