Monday, September 23, 2013

He has a plan.

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all, yes, I am now on Facebook.  Some strange person did not hack my account, but I do have to say that it is still a strange person who is posting on it.  This should be an interesting endeavor.  It will be just like proselyting in the area, but online.

Next, Sister Budge and I are still in the process of finding.  As missionaries, we will always be in the process of finding.  

One of our investigators, Anne, made it to Stake Conference on Saturday.  That was a big step for her.  We have been asking her to come to church for a while.  I know that her heart is being softened.  Her daughter, Theresa, is a member.  After lessons, Theresa will stay and talk to Anne.  They discuss what we have just taught and how they feel.  On Sunday, Theresa came up to us and told us that she has seen many changes in Anne in the past few weeks.  She told us that Anne has begun to open up.  I love Anne. I just want her to be able to trust us even more.  We asked Theresa how we can help Anne trust us, so Theresa will be thinking of more for us to do.

Spiritual Message: From the Plan of Salvation pamphlet, page 10: "In paying for your sins, Jesus did not eliminate your agency or personal responsibility--He will not make you clean against your will."  I haven't thought about that much, but it makes complete sense.  If we don't want to be clean, we won't be.  If we resist, He lets us.  We get to choose.

I love the gospel.  I love the work.  It's hard, but I love it.  There is no instant gratification in this work.  Everything comes step by step.  The reward we earn is love.  We love the people of North Carolina.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...