Monday, September 8, 2014

Weeding (And Still Planting)

Dear Family,

Guess what!  We actually finished weekly planning on Thursday this week.  It was a miracle.  We usually have to spend a few hours on days other than Thursday to finish.  I was so thankful.  That meant that we had more time to tract.  I think that we are going to do more tracting this next transfer.  We got to find some good potentials.  We also got to find people who were not interested and we are weeding out from the area book the potentials who have moved.  Weeding takes some time, but it will sure help other missionaries who come to the area.  It also gives us the opportunity to plant more seeds.  It is all part of this garden/vineyard we are taking care of.

(This is just a picture from last year.  I thought I would share it due to the planting thoughts.)

It has been an interesting week.  It was Sister Doty's last week in North Carolina, so every member that we talked to would ask her about it.  It was quite the experience.  I somewhat memorized her response.  We think it is hilarious when people ask us how long we have been out on our missions.  I will respond that I have been out for 14 months.  Then members will usually say something about me leaving soon.  Then they ask Sister Doty.  She responds, "18 months."  Then the members just are taken aback.  They say, "Oh! You're already gone!"  It is really funny to hear their responses. 

This week I finally had chicken and waffles.  I also had grits.  They were pretty good.

Well, here is to a new transfer.  Let's see what adventures we can find.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...