Monday, July 15, 2013

Book of Mormon

This is the email from last week.  For some odd reason, my emails are being returned to me.

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been rather interesting.  We have quite a few new investigators, but we also lost a few investigators.  We were able to have members at almost all of our lessons.  That is something that missionaries love and need more of.  We want to have members at every lesson possible.  So, help the missionaries out and invite them to have you tag along.  One day, we had a pre-missionary stick with us for most of the day.  We exchanged missionaries (so we had a Jacksonville 2nd ward Sister with us), and then we dropped our car off and hopped into the girl's car.  It was a flock having four of us going everywhere.

Thursday was Independence Day.  We went to the ward's pancake breakfast, and I got to wear a red, white, and blue outfit.  The pancakes were delicious, but the turnout was not what we were expecting.  We thought more people would show up.  That evening, we had hamburgers at the Elder's Quorum President's home.  We then watched their little firework show.

That is about it for the week.  I read the Book of Mormon.  I read in Alma 26.  And, I thought about the phrase "instruments in his hands."  I thought about a piano.  If each person were a key (very large piano), Heavenly Father is able to use us to make beautiful melodies.  If we are stuck, we don't help much with the melodies.  So, we have to unstick ourselves.  The phrase that I wrote in the margin is "Humble ourselves to become melodious in the Lord's hands."

I love all y'all.  I hope you are doing well.  Keep trusting the Lord and helping the missionaries.  We love working with members.  Have a fun week.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...