Monday, July 29, 2013

Retry

Dear Family and Friends,

As a sister leader, I get to do exchanges now.  Last week as we were on exchanges,one thought kept running through my mind: "Who am I to judge another, when I walk imperfectly?"  (Hymn # 220)  I was being the "leader" to a Sister who has trained at least two other Sisters.  I was the one doing all of the learning.  I haven't even been out for the whole training period. And, yet again this Wednesday, I have to fulfill my duties as a Sister Leader.  I get to teach during Zone Training.  Kit sent a letter saying that Heavenly Father puts us in positions that cause us to grow.  I believe that with my whole soul.

One other thing that I have been learning this week is hard work.  The Lord requires our every effort.  Alma 60:35 says, "Now see that YE fulfil the word of God."  Heavenly Father requires us to be the means of the fulfilling of His servants' prophecies.  A quote that I heard at District meeting about a week ago was: "Pray as if it all depends on God; work as if it all depends on you."  The other quote that I heard at that district meeting was "Light a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.  Light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life."  But, my focus has been more on the first quote.  I have a lot of work to do.  It is going to require all of my energy.  I have to work to the point where I have nothing left to give.  I have also bee reading President Hinckley's talk "Find the Lambs, Feed the Sheep" which talks about hard work.  There is much work to do.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...