Wednesday, July 27, 2016

"Look for Your Spouse" Challenge Day #1

Hey fans!

Just kidding, I don't have those.

My Facebook feed lately has been full of the "Love Your Spouse" challenge.  Part of me is annoyed, but I also know how important it is to be married and to love the person you are married to.  However, I am single, so I decided to put a little spin on the challenge.  I will post for the next seven days what I am doing to look for my spouse.  So, here is day 1 of the "Look for Your Spouse" challenge.

Day 1: Family Search

I have a handy website (familysearch.org) that helps me with family history.  When I look at my family tree, I see this:



Today, I decided to try to find me a husband.  So, I pressed on that little plus sign.  It took me to a box that looks like this:


So many specifics!  I don't really care exactly what day he was born.  Hopefully the year would be in reasonable distance from my birth year.  It was so hard to decide where to start.  I finally decided to just plug in a name.


I went with Peter.  Don't ask me why.  I don't even know very many Peters.  I think I have known one.  I don't know where he is anymore.  I submitted it and came up with the following:


How could I not be a match for anyone?!  My only requirements were Peter, male, and living. 

When I switched, however, to the deceased option, I found a plethora of men.  But I'm not gonna marry no dead person!

So, looking for your spouse on family search is a bust.  But, it is great for family history.  You can find lots of dead people that you are already related to.  Some of them have stories and pictures attached to them.  And if you have stories and pictures, you can attach them to the names of your family members.  Then, other family members can read and look at what you have shared.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...