Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lunch with Cami: Week 1

Well everyone, I know you are all anxious to hear about how my new game is going.  It is quite interesting.  And, I think it is fun.  However, I may be getting out of my comfort zone a lot more than I thought.

I have had a few people comment on the idea and say that they would be willing to play along.  And, I am not sure how many people have actually seen my post on Facebook.  I may be making some awkward calls to people that I slightly know.  Here is why I think my phone calls are awkward: I don't have high self-esteem.  I don't really think that people want me to be around them.  In high school, I never waved at people first because I was afraid that I would embarrass them in front of their friends.  I viewed myself as the weird, awkward, nerdy kid.  I didn't believe that peers would want their other friends to know that they knew me.  So, that is the reason that I put it in the hands of others to request eating lunch with me.  It will be awkward for me to call people because I still slightly believe that others don't want to be associated with me.  I don't want them to be embarrassed to have people see them around me.

BUT
I need to step out of my comfort zone.  I need to face my fear of rejection due to my belief that people will be embarrassed to be around me.  So, in a few weeks, I need to start making phone calls, or messaging people on Facebook because I don't have very many phone numbers.  I need to be more assertive.  But, I don't want to.  At least I have a few weeks to muster the courage to ask people to eat lunch with me.

I am sure you wanted that extra drawn out explanation of how the game is going.  That took a turn that was unexpected, even for me.  I think it is good to add a little more explanation to the game though.   This game isn't just for fun.  This game is a learning experience.

WEEK 1
My very first contestant was Sarah!  Yay, she gets a special prize.  She got a prize even though I provoked her to laugh.  It was a good lunch.  I think she made me laugh more than I made her laugh.  But, I am glad that there was laughing involved.

My second contestant was Emmett.  As we ate lunch, he was a difficult one to crack.  He laughed a lot at his own comments, but I was rather dull.  Finally, I made mention of that fact, to which he laughed.  So, he also failed to make it through the game without my provoking laughter.



To all who might be considering playing this game:

It is highly likely that you will be sent home with a prize.  I have found that I am not entirely amusing.  So, if you want a prize, come eat lunch with me.  Or, if you want to see me laugh at my own jokes and not think the jokes are funny, this is the game for you.

Have a great week.

P.S. It's been an interesting first week of school.  I work a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...