Monday, June 9, 2014

Sprouting Seeds

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, transfers are next week.  There is a pretty good chance that I will be transferring.  So, if you want to send letters, use the mission address.

Well, here was my birthday.  I went to zone training meeting.  President and Sister Bernhisel were there.  So, at the end, Sister Bernhisel and the other sister leaders came up and started singing "Happy Birthday."  So, the whole zone sang to me.  I didn't know what to do.  I just stood there.  Luckily my back was to most of the zone.  Then, Sister Bernhisel gave me a hug.  So, I was pretty uncomfortable for a while.  Singing and hugs--not the best combination if they are not my family members.

Then I went on exchanges.  Lari, I wouldn't have gotten the flowers.  I was in Fayetteville that day.  It must have been the Spirit keeping them from being sent. Thank you for all the packages and cards.  I just opened most of the cards today and Kit's golly.  (My companion doesn't like to check the mail unless it is Preparation day.  And, I am not very assertive.)  My other packages except for one came earlier, so I got to open those.

Brother Pipkin is still on date for the 28th of June.  We get to teach him about 3 times a week.  And, the members have just embraced him.  We had a lesson in a family's home last night.  It has been a hectic and busy week.  We have had a lot of appointments.  I think the many seeds that have been planted in this area are starting to sprout.  Alma 32:37-- "And behold, as the tree beginneth to grow, ye will say: Let us nourish it with great care, that it may get root, that it may grow up, and bring forth fruit unto us.  And now behold, if ye nourish it with much care it will get root, and grow up, and bring forth fruit."  Brother Pipkin is going to bring forth great fruit!  He has a lot of family he is wanting to teach!  We love the people of North Carolina.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

My aunt sent me the golly.  I made the new sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...