Monday, April 28, 2014

Ten Virgins

Sorry, this is the letter from two weeks ago.

Hey All Y'all,

This week is a lot better than last week (at least today is).  Anyways, sorry I am a bum and write bad stuff.  This week improved because I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants 63, and it was meant just for me.  It talks about the will of God.  Sister Boucher and I have quite a few discussions about the will of God.  Our views are very different.  Sister Boucher sees it as the will of God is always that the best thing will happen.  For example, if we don't have baptisms, it is because someone chooses to not follow the will of God.  Which, I guess this is true.  But, I have the point of view sometimes that some people are not going to choose to be baptized, so He has placed missionaries there who can handle not having baptisms, and won't give up (completely- okay last week was pretty bad).  I haven't given up yet!  Anyways, I think it is about obedience.  I am doing what the Lord would have me do.  I know that if I do all that He asks me to, I will be able to bless the lives of others.

Also, in Chapter 63, it talks about the ten virgins.  How they will not be prepared to come see Christ at the second coming, in fact, they will be destroyed. "And in that day will I send mine angels to pluck out the wicked and cast them into unquenchable fire." (63:54) I just have been thinking a lot about less active members.  There have been quite a few that have said that they know the church is true and that they will come back soon.  I am afraid this is not how it works.  The day of repentance is now.  We are to come back to church now.  If we wait, we will be swept and burnt.  I don't want that to happen, so that is why I am trying to actively use the Atonement.  I am going to repent this week.  I am sorry.  I love all of you.  Please forgive me.  Strength is not my strong point.  So, have a wonderful week.  Just know that I am doing better. Sorry to send such a grievous note last week.  I love you.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...