Monday, August 5, 2013

Quick Thoughts

Dear Family and Friends,

Sister Shaum and I ran out of time today to do everything, so this note will be rather simple.  This Wednesday, I got to teach at Zone Training Meeting.  Sister Shaum and I talked about using Preach My Gospel with members.  My thoughts during preparation and during the lesson were just that I am thankful that I have been using Preach My Gospel since it was printed.  I knew even before my mission that it was for more than just missionaries.  But, I didn't really use it too often.  I am grateful that my parents decided that we should use Preach My Gospel for family home evenings.  The one thought that has stuck with me is "If we treat the members like missionaries, they will act like missionaries."  The General Conference talk that I think of when I think of this statement is the talk from President Thomas S. Monson titled "See Others as They May Become" from October 2012.  I know that as we see others as what they can become, they will be more likely to achieve their potential.  I love all y'all.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...