Monday, June 24, 2013

Week of 6/17-6/23/13

Dear Family and Friends,

This week, we had exchanges.  My companions are the Sister Leaders, so I will be working with quite a few Sister missionaries in the next few weeks.  This week, Sister Brunner came down to Wilmington.  Sister Brunner is serving in the Jacksonville 2nd ward.  Sister Shaum trained her also.  

This is us.  From left to right: Sister Shaum, Sister Turley, Sister Klingler.  This is the village that is raising me.  We had exchanges this week, and this was at our exchange point.  Sister Shaum is always taking pictures, so she had to take some with the other Sisters as well.  I thought that I should get my camera out because we were already taking pictures, and Sister Shaum doesn't approve that I only have about seven pictures on my camera.


This week, we visited a Chinese sister and her son.  Last week when we visited, she was making homemade dumplings, and this week she had made Mochi.  It was delicious.  The filling was red bean paste.  I loved it. 

We learned that we will be getting another set of missionaries in Wilmington 2nd ward.  We have to share them with the 1st ward though.  They will be Spanishi-speaking missionaries.  That means that we will have three sets of missionaries in the Wilmington 2nd ward.  And, sister missionaries should be moving into the 1st ward soon.  So, by the end of the year, we should have at least 5 companionships in the two wards.  The work is Hastening.

The picture below is just the sign I saw in front of a Baptist church today. I thought that the thought was nice.  I still believe in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that this is the true church.  Heavenly Father has restored His gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I love this church.  I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us.  He knows who we are.


Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...