Monday, June 10, 2013

First Week in North Carolina

Dear Family and Friends,

On the first Tuesday in the MTC, my zone was moved to the "West Campus," or what I loving call it--Wyview.  I got to return to my freshman housing.  There are just too many missionaries in the Provo MTC, so some of us were moved.  More missionaries will be moving into West Campus throughout the summer.  We were the first group to move.  We are creating history.  Or at least that is what we were told.

These past two weeks were somewhat interesting.  Last Monday, June 3, I got to hop onto a plane and fly to Atlanta Georgia, then hop onto another plane and fly to Raleigh, North Carolina.  I got to talk to a lady on the second flight who is not a member.  It was rather interesting.  She grew up baptist and had a lot of questions about missions, Temple Square, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in general.  Our group of new missionaries numbered 28.  We were originally 29, but one of the Elders in my zone had to be sent home for stomach and heart problems.  In the MTC, he was constantly being called to the front desk.

The new sisters (including me) got to spend their first night in the mission home.  The next morning I woke up and, voila, I was all of a sudden twenty.  Sister Hernandez and Sister Lewis, from my MTC district had to tell me happy birthday every time they saw me.  Then, we headed to transfer meeting.  I have two trainers: Sister Klingler and Sister Shaum.  My comment to having two trainers was "it takes a village to raise a child."

I think that is about it.  We have kept busy, busy, busy.  We don't finish our business until 10:30 PM, when lights need to be turned off, so I get to get ready for bed in the dark.  I haven't killed myself yet.  Here is to the future.  I love you all.  I hope you are doing well.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...