Monday, December 1, 2014

Retaking ALP

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, I am getting transferred. I am being transferred to Arizona. Can you believe it?  18 months has come and gone. 

So, I wanted to share something that I have thought.  In Elementary school, I was in the Accelerated Learning Program (ALP).  I would miss a few hours of my regular class to go learn in a special class with fewer students.  In junior high school and high school, it was known as 'honors.'  But, the kids in the honors classes tended to care more about school and learning.

On my mission, I have found that my gospel learning and loving has been more dense than before.  I drew a graph once that looked like this to describe it.  X is time.  Y is learning and loving.  The red box is my mission.  The acceleration is much greater than the time before it.  (I don't really think my learning is going to level out like the graph shows, but I wanted to show that there is/has been a difference.)  

As I drew this, I realized that a mission is an accelerated learning program.  ALP!  I am in ALP again.  And, I have found that I am kind of in my ALP/honors bubble.  There are more people that care about learning and loving Jesus Christ.  They want to learn.  It has been fun.  I love being around people who also want to do this.  They want to live the gospel.  It is so great to go to missionary meetings because there is such a wonderful spirit.  Everyone loves each other and wants to help each other.  I am truly going to miss this.  I love being a missionary.  I love being a gospel tutor.  I really get to teach people on an individual basis.  It is so fun.

Thanks for all of the help that you have given.  I am thankful that I have such great support.  I am grateful for a such a wonderful gift to give to others.  I am thankful for this Christmas season.  Christmas seriously is the best--people are thinking about Jesus Christ.  I am thankful for my Savior.  I am thankful for his sacrifice, that we may live again, that we can become more than what we currently are.  I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It is the true church.  I am thankful that I get to continue to share my testimony.  I love you.  I hope you are all doing well.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...