Sunday, December 21, 2014

Being a Disciple of Christ

This was my update from last week that just didn't make it to my blog until now.

Hey Missionaries,

Sorry I didn't get a letter out last week.  Monday kind of came and left without me knowing.  I gave my Homecoming talk today, so I thought I would share some notes from it with you.  I never really write down my talks. I just write down some scriptures and some experiences that I might want to mention, so I don't have anything that is specific.

I shared some thoughts from Elder Rasband's talk "The Joyful Burden of Discipleship."  I read Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 (I call it the angel verse).  After reading that, I shared an experience from my first area, Wilmington.  I was teaching a man who had had a friend commit suicide that week.  We got to teach the Plan of Salvation, and I shared that my mom could possibly be an angel teaching his friend.  I know that angels surround us as we do the work of the Lord.

I read parts of Alma 26.  And then I shared some miracles that I had written down from my mission:

1/15/14  We set up a return appointment with Stephanie.

4/4/14  We gave a Book of Mormon to Tadarrius.

7/6/14  We got to talk with Rose Price.

9/15/14  Shykelah called us back.

10/25/14 We invited Jacqueline to church.

 I hope you are all doing well.  Keep up the good work. Thanks for all you do.

Go with God,
Cami Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...