Monday, October 6, 2014

Christmas music heals the soul.

Dear Family,

Most of my past and present companions don't like Christmas music unless it is Christmas.  So, I have't gotten to listen this year.  But, I finally just played some this week.  It was the best.  Let me repeat: it was the best.  I told Sister Judd that I usually start hearing Christmas music in July, so I have had 3 months of deprivation.  (I especially had to turn it on because the weather is becoming Christmas-like. It has been about 65 degrees the last few mornings when I have woken up.)  My companions have told me it gets them too excited for Christmas.  Then I think, Don't you want to be excited for Christmas? It's when we celebrate Christ's birth.  Plus, shouldn't we celebrate His life and birth all the time anyways?  I have to say that Christmas music is so wonderful.

I am so thankful that I got to watch General Conference this weekend.  It was a spiritual uplift that I desperately needed.

To comment on the area, the work, we are really trying hard to find people to teach.  We still have three reliable members that come out with us multiple times a week, but we are doing our best to meet more members and invite them to come with us.

It's almost Christmas!

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...