Monday, February 17, 2014

The Gift of Tongues

Dear Family and Friends,

Honestly!  I don't know what to write.  I am a missionary.  I actually didn't do too much tracting this week.  We did a lot of painting jobs for the member that we live with.  We got a few referrals from mormon.org.  We contacted them.

Oh wait, I have a fun story.  We had a referral from mormon.org named Gail.  We went to her house not knowing anything because our phone is weird and doesn't send or receive complete messages.  (So, we have to send our district leader our goals and actual numbers about three times every week.)  Anyways, we didn't know much about her, so we went to the door.  She came to the door and motioned that she couldn't hear.  So I signed to her, " YOU KNOW SIGN?"  She replied, "YES I DEAF."  So, I asked her about mormon.org and if she had seen it.  She said that she didn't.  I asked her if she had any friends that are Mormon.  She said no, and that she has her own church.  Unfortunately, my ASL is really not great, so I didn't know how to bear my testimony too well.  I said that we believe in Jesus Christ and that the Book of Mormon is a little like the Bible.  We believe the Book of Mormon.  I asked if she wanted to read the Book of Mormon, but she said no.  But, I feel that what I said was not sufficient to help her feel the truth.  My ASL was not good enough to help her.  So, Sister Mayfield and I have thought that we should go over and see if she will teach us some ASL.  Maybe that will get us in.  We haven't gone back yet.  We will see.  

I hope all are doing well.  I love you.  

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...