Monday, February 17, 2014

Gratitude

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a little taxing.  My spiritual tank was running a little low.  As I was studying for an investigator, I was reading on page 73 in Preach My Gospel.  It was the commandment to pray often.  It says that as we pray sincerely, we will be able to see God's influence in our lives.  So, I wrote down a bunch of ways that I have seen God's influence. Then, a few days later, I was reading in Ether 3.  Jesus Christ showed Himself to the brother of Jared.  Verse 18 says, "and all this, that this man might know that he was God."  Christ was willing to do so much to prove to one man that he was God.  So, I pondered what He was willing to do for me.  I wrote down a bunch of blessings that have shown me that God is there.  I realized amongst all this that I need to be more grateful.  As I am grateful, I am able to fill my spiritual tank.  I am able to handle the pressures of life.

Blessings/ God's Influence in my Life
  Scriptures      Hastening the Work    Love for Companions
Love for Family       Family    Faith     Endurance
    Ability to Learn     Patriarchal Blessing    Dancing
Second Chances    Infinity Chances     Ability to Learn
    And so on and so forth . . .

I would love to hear some things that you have been blessed with in the last year.  I love you.  I am thankful that I have been blessed to have all of you in my life.  I hope you are doing well.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...