Monday, May 12, 2014

Universe Juice

Dear All,

Well, I meant to share a great thing that I found last week, but I forgot my Restoration pamphlet at home.  Bummer.  That is how I work.  I am often heard saying, "I am probably the most unprepared missionary you will ever meet."  I forget everything.  I don't know how well it will go as I get older; I am afraid that I am going to forget my name when I reach 38.  I'm going downhill fast. Fast, I tell ya.  Anyways, the Restoration is great.  Sister Boucher and I use it a lot.  It has been our main lesson the last few weeks.  We will get to planning and say, "What shall we teach the Smith family? The Restoration!"  So, that is what we do.  We teach the Restoration.  And, we use the Book of Mormon.

I am sorry for no letter last week.  Our haircuts took 3 hours, which we were not planning at all.  So, I had ten minutes to write to President Bernhisel and look at some things and log off.  We have quite the adventures here in Dunn.  We have established a very high turnover rate.  We find about 4-5 investigators per week and have 5 different ones the next.  We are learning how to "sizzle socks," in the words of Elder Holland, so that we will have more return appointments that don't fall through.  Retention rate will be improving soon.

I love all y'all.  Hope you are doing well.  Keep moving forward.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

P.S.  This week, I have thought a lot about the movie "Kung Fu Panda."  I think about the part where the other kung fu warriors are telling Po that the dragon warrior can live off of the energy of the universe and a single drop of dew.  I love when he says, "I don't think my body knows it is the dragon warrior yet.  I am going to need a lot more universe juice."  I love it because we just want to do the work, but are stomachs sometimes start growling.  So, we have to eat.  I don't think my body knows it is a messenger from God yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...