Monday, May 19, 2014

The Atonement Works!

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, I finally punched a companion this week.  Surprising?  Not in the least.  I guess I hit rock bottom.  Then we had interviews a few days later.  And, it didn't come up.  I forgot about it.  That was interesting.

We have four investigators.  They are a family and a referral from some members.  We are hoping to have FHE with them in the members' home.  That would be fantastic.

Life is interesting.  The scriptures are great.  And, I forgot my Restoration pamphlet again, so I cannot show the inspiration that I had.  Bummer.  I am sure you are all thinking at this point that I have written an odd letter.  Well, yes.  It looks as though that is the case.  I know the Gospel is true. I am still a missionary.  I forgot my planner though.  I forget everything.  I am the least prepared missionary you will ever meet.  

I love all of you. Thank you for all the support.  Thank you for never giving up on me.  I know that Christ's atonement is here for everyone.  I can be forgiven for punching my companion.  She can be healed.  Well, the Atonement works. And so do we.  We work.  For what?  Happiness.  Eternal Joy.  Work brings happiness.  Work and the Atonement.  I work for Christ.  He is the Atonement.  He is my employer.  I am here to do His work.  I make mistakes, but I can just get up again.  I love Him.  He is a wonderful employer.  I love you.  You are wonderful co-workers.  I love this world.  I love North Carolina.  It is a wonderful workplace.  There is no greater work than this.  Let us hasten it together.

Weird.  I punched someone.  I think that is the first time.  Ever.  Weird.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...