Monday, November 18, 2013

I'm not lost. (Although some people here think I am.)

Dear Family and Friends,

I know.  I didn't write last week.  [insert maniacal laughter here  (if that so pleases you)]  Let me explain why.

On November 5, my district had interviews with President Bernhisel.  One of his first questions was if I felt I was more adaptable than when I first came on my mission.  I replied that I feel I adapt pretty well, even before my mission.  Then, he interviewed me.  Then, he told me that Sister Frampton's visa had arrived.  That is exciting!  But, the Norway Oslo Mission's transfers were in one week.  So, she would be leaving on Monday.

So, we traveled to Raleigh on November 11.  Raleigh is almost 2 1/2 hours from Wilmington, depending on who is driving as it always goes.  So, we spent the day traveling.  We dropped Sister Frampton off at the mission office, and the mission office sisters were going to drop her off at the airport.  I also got the chance to change my home address and ward while I was there.  Then, I traveled home.  My companions for the next few hours were a mother and daughter from the Wilmington wards.  The daughter is in the YSA branch, and the mother is in the ward I am serving in.  That was fun.  I love the Lynches.

Then, I met the Wilmington 1st sisters.  We got my suitcase and my food and headed to the Zone Leaders' apartment.  We had to get a foam pad from them that I could sleep on.  Then, we went to the Wilmington 1st sisters' apartment.

On Tuesday, November 12, we had a mission tour where Elder Baxter talked to us.  The meeting was in Fayetteville, which is about two hours away from Wilmington.  So, we spent the day traveling and also sitting on our bottoms listening to a seventy tell us how to find people to teach.  Needless to say, I was very excited when we got to do some exercising in the morning.  I was so thankful that I got to stretch.

Wednesday, we did transfers with the Sister Leaders.  So, we got to travel for an hour to Holly Ridge to pick up the Sister Leader and drop off Sister Likovich, one of the Wilmington 1st sisters.  Then, we headed back to Wilmington.  Then, we had to switch back the next morning as well.

Then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were fairly normal days.  Sunday, we went to 5 hours of church and also had a few other meetings.  Then, we had a church tour with one of my (Wilmington 2nd's) investigators.  And, today is Preparation day, so I am actually sending a letter.

Tomorrow is transfer day.  I get to travel to Raleigh again.  I get another companion.  I set a personal record this transfer for companions per transfer.  I only had four: Sister Budge, Sister Frampton, Sister Doty, and Sister Likovich.  I am starting my 5th transfer tomorrow, and I have already had six companions.  Tomorrow I get another visa-waiter.  The ward members joke that I am going to be in the Wilmington 2nd ward for my entire mission.  The Lord must have a work for me to do.

I know this church is true.  I know that life changes quickly.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet.  I know that Savior lives.  I know that through the Atonement we can change our lives.  This is a gospel of forgiveness.  This is a gospel in enduring with smiles on our faces.  I love all y'all.  I hope you are doing well.  Heavenly Father loves all y'all too.

Go with God,
Sister Turley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...