Monday, July 24, 2023

On the Second Day of Christmas

 Hey guys! How is Christmas in July going for ya? If you want another easy way to give, I have a great idea for you. Also, if you like reading, this one's for you.

Christmas Day #2

This is Little Free Library. "Take a Book. Share a Book." I may have a problem where I love getting books. This year, I have gotten more e-books than before (most of them free). I love hard copy books. And I buy them pretty cheap at thriftbooks.com most often. I have a variety of ways of moving books around. I keep lots of books that I really love and may read again. Sometimes I give books to others (sister, stepsister, cousin, etc.) when it was a good book, but I probably won't read it again. I borrow books from my dad's house. I borrow books from my local library. And I also go to Little Free Library locations. Luckily for me, they are several in my area. I take books that I don't want anymore and leave them in the little library. If there is a book that I have been wanting to read or looks interesting to me, I will take it. It's a nice swap.


I had a book just this week that I took to the Little Free Library. I didn't want it anymore, and it is hardcover, so I couldn't donate it to my work. It was a book I would recommend to any of my close family or friends, so I put it in the library. There weren't a lot of books, so I didn't take any this time.

The goal of Little Free Library is to increase access to books and help decrease illiteracy. The reason I like this option is because there isn't a time restraint like a public library. At the public library, I can only check out a book for 3 weeks plus a few renews, and I am such a slow reader. And this gives me a way to get rid of books without having to talk to anyone as well. It's a simple book swap idea. They have an app, so you can find locations near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...