Monday, August 3, 2020

Team Cami

This blog post is part of a family reunion scavenger hunt, of which one of the categories is titled Team Cami (Kit made me do it).

In the summer of 2017, I was the "coach" of a champion kickball team. We didn't really have a name to start, and somehow the name Team Cami stuck. My teammates said that we needed to have shirts with my face and a fun slogan on it. There were several slogans thrown out. I decided that I would create a Team Cami shirt, so there wouldn't be one made with my face on it.


From there, team members entered into a doubles tennis tournament as teams named "Team Cami" and "Team Cami OG." I, however, entered the tournament as part of a different team named after another running joke among friends.

In November, I did my first Turkey Trot as an official member of Team Cami.


My aunt saw the shirt and said that she needed one.  And so, unbeknownst to me, she set about making Team Cami shirts for the whole family, with the help of another aunt.

And as a Christmas present from my aunts, I received a box of Team Cami shirts.  And several of my family members received Team Cami shirts.


Since then, I have attended other Turkey Trots with more than just me as a Team Cami member.



And a few babies have been born into the Team Cami family.



Within the last year, I have thought about making Team Cami Shirts Third Edition. My brother and I are currently working on a new design. If you are interested in possibly owning a Team Cami shirt, please answer the survey below.  The design isn't done, and if there isn't any interest, then I might not even make a shirt.

As of right now, I am doing a virtual family reunion. We are doing a scavenger hunt with 6 categories of tasks.  One of the categories is Team Cami (Kit made me do it). I didn't want to seem like a narcissist, like I keep seeming. So Kit told me to add "Kit made me do it" to the category title.  And my team's name is now Team Cami (Kit Made Me Do It). Family is fun and sometimes does really well at boosting self-confidence.  I'm thankful I have a family who is willing to participate in fun and weird memories.  Thanks family!


Survey of T-shirt Interest:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf71cez4iGAaKLGmaeW5mzXCI0NjJmVkhvJyT9eVoq07Az-7A/viewform?usp=sf_link


1 comment:

  1. Team Cami for life! I like seeing the Team Cami family (Team Camily if you will) grow. Proteges in the making (This is Suzy btw, you might know me)

    ReplyDelete

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...