Sunday, April 1, 2018

General Conference Brings All the Emotions

My friend Jake was talking to me about my blog today, between sessions, and asked a question pertaining to me writing about General Conference.  I commented that I felt that I incorporated it into many of my posts.  And then I thought about how I could write a post about General Conference.  That is when Sunday Afternoon session hit.

In the Sunday Afternoon session, President Russell M. Nelson announced the deletion of Visiting Teaching.  If you can recall my last blog post "Quitting My Calling," you can probably guess my reaction.  I jumped off the couch, yelling "Yes! Yes!" My notebook went flying to the other couch and my pen to the wall across the room.  I landed and slowly sank to my knees: "thank you."  Next came the texts:



As I helped my roommate load stuff into her car during Elder Holland's talk, I thought about what a great day and age we live in.  We have so much work to do.  We are to minister to the people around them and, as Elder Massimo De Feo talked about, have "pure love" for those around us. I thought the words, "I have a work for you to do."  I looked up the phrase on lds.org, and wouldn't you know it, there is something from the previous General Conference about this phrase.  Elder John C Pingree Jr talked in October 2017 about each person having a role in building up the kingdom of God and developing our talents and relying on God to do so. Below is the very beginning of his talk.


There were lots of themes: covenants, temple work, family history, service, loving others, and others.  I still haven't seen the Saturday Morning session.  So, I'll be working on that.  Probably for the next 6 months.  I just finished the October 2017 General Conference a week and a half ago.  It was awesome.  And Neil L Andersen's "The Voice of the Lord" was incredible to listen to right before a new General Conference.  He talked about how each talk is inspire of the Lord and how the talks are not usually assigned.  Each conference contains themes that are much needed by the world during that time.  And with that said, I think the themes from this conference call for a lot of action and change, at least I know I need to change a lot.

And just for fun, here are some of my unofficial Conference Notes:

I invite you to read or watch the Conference messages for the next 6 months.  Do better than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...