Sunday, February 18, 2018

My Dating Resume

This blog is dedicated to my family in Utah.  They have all contributed to this idea.  Emmett and Sarah had the original idea.  They told me that I should write about the dating resume.  And Cherise and Brittany really have wanted me to try dating apps, which I would say are similar to a dating resume.  Fun fact, I had a mutual account for three days.  It was rough.  I really don't want to do that ever again.  I have also been told that I am desperate, so I'll go with it.  Here is my process of making a dating resume.

This was difficult because what do you even put on a dating resume?  I copied my actual resume and tried to put in the information that would be pertinent to dating, and this is what I came up with:

Cami Turley
email | phone #

Education
Brigham Young University
Major: Recreation Management: Therapeutic Emphasis
Already Graduated & Have a Full-Time Job 

Certifications & Licenses
I don't think you need this to go on dates.  I think?  Is this something people want to know about me?

Related Experience
I have been on more than 7 dates and less than 20.

Hobbies/Interests
Bicycle Riding and Repair
Rollerblading
Music: Piano, Cello, Organ, and dabbling on my Banjo
Tennis
Polynesian Dancing

References
None



Yeah, that didn't work.  So, this is where the dating app stuff comes in.  What do people use on dating apps?  Height.  Weight.  Eye Color.  How awesome I look in a swimsuit.  (Seriously, why do people even use those pictures?  Ya nasties.)  I tried again, and this was the second result:

Cami Turley
email | phone #

Biological Information
Hair:  Brown/Blondish
Eyes: Green
Height:  5'7 1/2"
Weight: 150 lbs

Family Information
Parents: Dad, Stepmom; My mom died when I was 15, and yes, I make dead mom jokes.
Siblings: 4 biological, 5 step; I am the second oldest.
Extended: I see them all the time.  Lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles.

Education & Occupation
BYU
Recreation Therapist

Hobbies/Interests
Bicycle Riding and Repair
Rollerblading
Music: Piano, Cello, Organ, and dabbling on my Banjo
Tennis
Polynesian Dancing
Running Awkwardly in Front of Cars
Making Bird Noises

Life Goals
I would love to be a mom.  If that doesn't happen, I have quite a few things that I would love to do.  I would love to continue to work in Recreation Therapy.  I am applying to Masters Programs currently.  I love writing, as evidenced by my blog and think it would be awesome to write a few books.  I am an avid church goer and plan on going for the rest of my life.  I love God, and He probably has a way different plan for me than I have for myself.  He's slowly letting me in on some of His secrets for my life and eternity.



This will get the boys linin' up to date me.  I think the most convincing part is the dead mom jokes.  Or the running awkwardly in front of cars.  You know, I think it looks great.  I should probably leave the references part in because that wouldn't get weird at all.  Anyway, if this doesn't have the boys lining up, I'll be a contestant on the Bachelor.  Or I'll look into cat adoption.  Or maybe join a convent.  OR I can just live my life as I have been living it thus far.  Being single ain't that bad.  And you know what, I don't think God is mad at me for being single.  I have a lot to look forward to in my future.  I have tons of adventures waiting.  (And I'm only 24, so I have years and years and years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...