Monday, April 22, 2013

Donating Blood vs. Public Speaking

Yesterday was Sunday.  It was an interesting Sunday.  It was the last Sunday of the semester, so almost everybody was released.  There were a lot of hugs and a tiny bit of crying.  I also gave a talk yesterday.

I was asked on Saturday morning if I would prepare a talk.  I literally had 24 hours to prepare.   Luckily, my talk was supposed to be about a gospel principle from General Conference.  I prepared a 10 minute talk as I was instructed to do.  I had a few things to add to the end if I needed to speak a little longer, and I also prepared in a way where I could cut out some information if I needed to.

Sunday Afternoon
As the first speaker started speaking, my thoughts turned to a few days before when I was donating blood.  When I was donating blood, my heart beat was 60 bpm.  I was wishing that my heart rate could be as low as when I was donating blood.  Apparently, I am more calm watching my blood flow out of my body than when I have to speak to a congregation of people.

Another thought was that I love sharing the gospel with people, but not to that many people at once.

In the end, I had three minutes to speak.  I drastically cut down my talk.  I only remember that my topic was forgiveness and I had quite a few quotes from Elder Craig A. Cardon.  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/the-savior-wants-to-forgive?lang=eng

Love,
Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...