Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Self-Control


<-- This is me.  My name is Cami.  Out of adversity, I have learned a lot of things.  Unfortunately, I tend to go back to being the "natural man" and forget what I have learned (Mosiah 3:19).  So, today I will share what I have learned, and hopefully it will help me remember and will help others learn what I have learned.

I don't have control over much, but there are a few things that I do have control over.

I have control of where my feet move.  I have control over what I wear.  And, I have control over how I do my hair.  I have control over the makeup that I put on.  But, I don't have control over how much acne I have or whether my body will start aching.

I have control over who I talk to, but I don't have control over who will talk to me.  I have control of where I go but not over the others that will be there.  I have control over what I think of others.  I have control over what I say.  I have control over what I write down.  I also have control over what information I share.  I do not, however, have control over what happens to information as soon as I share it.  I don't have control of who will be offended by information that I may share, and I don't have control over who will be enlightened by what I share.  But, I do have control over whether I share or not.

I have some control of who I am, but not all.  "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us, and we love Him" (Young Women's theme).  I don't have control over my Heavenly Father's ability to create or His ability to love.  But, I do get to choose if I love Him.

I have some control, but not all.  I have control over myself.  And even with that control, I need to do some work.  I need to work on controlling myself a little (or a lot) better.  But, in the end, I have control over myself, but I have no control over others.  And, they don't have any control over me.

I am I.  You are you.



So, even though it isn't the new year yet, I have a resolution:  I will be better. 

I will be the best me ever.  I will be the best Cami that I can.

Life is meant for learning, but life is also meant for celebrating.  Let's all have a learning celebration.
Love,
Cami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes 2023

  Joseph : What's your middle name? Griffin : Jon-niel. Josh : When in doubt, it's Joseph's pants. Coworker : Bandit farted, and...